Friday, January 9, 2009

Alaska Day 7

Upon awakening I immediately wish to survey the surroundings which before sleep, seemed to so very mysteriously surround me with intrigue, danger and mystique. My those coffee mugs seem scary.


We left. Goodbye Byers Lake. I will never ever forget you.

Beautiful landscape I had to pull over for. This is when I discovered that my camera lens had some kind of shit on it and I was pissed off!!! If you look closely, it is on all Alaska pics. I could spew expletives here but it wouldn't mean anything to those of you who know me. So.... Dang!




We stopped at a railroad museum. We saw this for free, but we had to pay exorbitant amounts of money (like 15 bucks each) that we didn't have. So that was enough of the fun. It actually was kind of cool There were several different engine cars that we could actually get into and look around.



Hours later, back to Palmer. Right next to Wasilla, Sarah Palin's home town. Love Sarah!
We went back to Anchorage to clean up again. No more time to waste. We did laundry and left again. I was impressed with the weather and decided to go South back into the Kenai Peninsula to see it in open sunshine. It is reportedly very rare to see it in this way. So I was extremely lucky.


We went back to Hope that night because we really didn't know what to do. If we went onto new territory again, we didn't have enough time left make a decision on where to stay the night or where to go from there. If Icould do it again, I might have gone East from Anchorage. Oh well.

No comments: