Sunday, January 25, 2009

Niagara Falls

On the QEW near Hamilton heading South to Niagara.


I stopped in Grimsby for a chicken sandwich. It wasn't that good.


Continuing on...



Arrived and walked down to the pedestrian area overlooking... Wow was it cold! Less than 0 degrees F. with windchill factor. Very cool looking in Winter.
The American Falls:






Canadian Falls:






The rotating restaurant where it only costs 35 dollars for a 3 course meal! No, I didn't go.










The mist coats everything. Funny, I was wondering with CW back at work "what it looks like in winter". He joked "a big ice cube". He was joking, but turns out he is accurate.





Danger: You may freeze your ass off.





I was very lucky in a brief moment where there was a small stretch of railing without crowding people.




I was kind enough to help a woman (alone like myself) take a picture of her at the falls. In trade she took one for me.
As you can see, I am completely underdressed. Holy shit it was cold. I should take that bare hand off the ice. To be honest, the ice was warmer than the light breeze.
I really should lose that weight so my old coat can zip up around me again.






The river. Very different sight from summer!




Another shot of the American falls.




Headed back to my car. The sign told me to go up the 'scalat r, but all I could find was a shut down escalator and stairs. I chose the stairs.




I parked by the IMA HEATRE. I didn't know that pyriamid disliked so much.




Stopped in the skylon to leak. I liked how there is a tank up on the wall. Very interesting urinal setup...





Leaving town to go back to Toronto. "NEW!!! Brand new narrow lanes just for you!"





An abandoned old ship alongside the QEW.



My new toy... I haven't had to use it for any directions yet, but it's fun to see where I am on the map.




Bonus video!

1 comment:

JG said...

Awesome photos! Man, I wish I could've been there. I loved looking at all your pictures, it's cool how everything is covered in ice. Thanks for sharing everything. Take more!
Oh, but before you do, clean your lens. It looks like the last few shots and the video have water spots on them.
That's all. Be a beacon!